Kansas Medal of Honor Plate

medal of Honor Plate

Members of the military who have been presented the Medal of Honor may apply for a Kansas Medal of Honor Plate. A Medal of Honor plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled or leased in Kansas in the name of the Medal of Honor recipient.

To qualify you must:

  • Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
  • Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
  • If the applicant is discharged, a copy of the DD 214 showing the presentation of the Medal of Honor. If the applicant currently has a Kansas Medal of Honor plate, a copy of the registration receipt for the plate may be presented in lieu of the DD 214.
  • If the applicant is currently serving as an active duty member of the U. S. military, a document or certificate issued by a branch of the U. S. military attesting to the awarding of the Medal of Honor will be needed. The document must list the applicant’s name.

Steps to obtain the plate:

  • Make application and submit the proof of presentation of the Medal of Honor at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
  • Proof of valid insurance must be presented at the time of application.

Fee for Medal of Honor plate:

  • Standard registration fees and property taxes are due for the vehicle to which the Medal of Honor plate is issued.

Related Kansas Statute(s):

KSA 8-1,145