Korean War Veteran Plate
A Korean War Veteran plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle, or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled in Kansas in the name of the Korean War veteran or leased by the same.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
- Proof of status as a veteran of the Korean war must be verified through DD-214 form showing honorable service on active duty between June 25, 1950 and January 31, 1955 during the Korean War, or indicating service member was awarded the Korean Service medal.
STEPS TO OBTAIN THE PLATE
- Make application and submit the proof of presentation of the Korean Service medal at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
- Proof of valid insurance must be presented at the time of application.
FEE FOR KOREAN WAR VETERAN PLATE
- Standard registration fees and property taxes are due for the vehicle to which the Korean War Veteran plate is issued.