Operation Desert Storm Plate
An Operation Desert Storm plate may be issued for an auto, motorcycle, or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled in Kansas in the name of the Operation Desert Storm veteran or leased by the same.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST
- Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
- Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle.
- If the applicant is discharged, a copy of the DD 214 showing the presentation of the Southwest Asia Service medal.
- If the applicant is currently serving as an active duty member of the U. S. military, a document or certificate issued by a branch of the U. S. military attesting to the awarding of the Southwest Asia Service medal will be needed. The document must list the applicant’s name.
STEPS TO OBTAIN THE PLATE
- Make application and submit the proof of presentation of the Southwest Asia Service medal at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
- Proof of valid insurance must be presented at the time of application.
FEE FOR OPERATION DESERT STORM PLATE
- Standard registration fees and property taxes are due for the vehicle to which the Operation Desert Storm plate is issued.