Kansas Bronze Star Plate

A Bronze Star Medal may be issued for an auto, motorcycle or truck registered for 20,000 lbs. or less which is titled or leased in Kansas in the name of the Bronze Star Medal recipient.

To qualify you must:

  • Be a Kansas resident or a member of the military who is not a Kansas resident and is stationed at a Kansas military base or office.
  • Vehicle must be titled in Kansas in the name of the applicant or the leasing company from which the applicant is leasing the vehicle with the Bronze Star Medal recipient listed as the lessee.
  • If the applicant is discharged, a copy of the DD 214 showing the issuance of a Bronze Star Medal.
  • If the applicant is currently serving as an active duty member of the U. S. military, a document or certificate issued by a branch of the U. S. military attesting to the awarding of a Bronze Star medal will be needed. The documentation must list the applicant’s name.

Steps to obtain the plate:

  • Make an application for the Bronze Star Medal plate at your local county treasurer’s motor vehicle office.
  • Proof of valid insurance must be present at the time of application.
  • Regular registration fees apply.

Fee for Bronze Star plate:

  • Standard registration fees and property taxes are due for the vehicle to which the Combat Wounded plate is issued.

Related Kansas Statute(s):

KSA 8-1,205