City or County Clerk CMB Retailer Information

General Information

Cereal Malt Beverages cannot be sold without a valid CMB License that has been issued by the city or county where the licensed premise is located. Cities and counties must verify each CMB application, collect the $25 State CMB Stamp fee for each license and affix the State CMB Stamp to the application, license and the report form.

All applicants must be registered for sales tax prior to issuing the license.

Applicants may obtain both an On-Premise and an Off-Premise license. The City or County must issue two separate licenses, each with the State CMB Stamp affixed to the license.

A CMB Application Check List (ABC-304) has been created to assist you with the licensing process.

Cereal Malt Beverage Application Forms

To obtain applications:

Obtain forms prepared by the Office of the Kansas the Attorney General at then select the appropriate application type, download and print.

License Fees

Pursuant to K.S.A. 41-2702(d)(1) and K.S.A. 41-2702(d)(2), cities and counties may charge an annual license fee in addition to the State CMB Stamp fee. The city/county may not alter the license fee schedule. The fee schedule is:

  • On-Premise Consumption (taverns, restaurants, etc.) $25 - $200
  • Off-Premise Consumption (grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.) $25 - $50

Cereal Malt Beverage Retailer License Certificates

Cities and counties approve and issue the Cereal Malt Beverage Retailer licenses. Licenses may be created by the city/county or be obtained from a print shop.

If an applicant is approved for both On-Premise and Off-Premise licenses, you must issue a license for each type. DO NOT put two State CMB Stamps on one license.

Obtaining State Cereal Malt Beverage Stamps

To obtain State CMB Stamps, please use the CMB Stamp Order Form (ABC-303) to request State CMB Stamps. There is no charge for the State CMB Stamp.

Send your completed Order Form to our office by mail, fax or emai to the address or fax number listed on the form.

Reporting Cereal Malt Beverage Stamp Sales

All cities and counties that issued a CMB license are required to file their CMB Monthly Report (ABC-307) with the Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) by the 25th of the following month when a CMB license was issued.

To ensure the correct State CMB Stamp fees are received, submit only one report per month.


  1. Complete your CMB Monthly Report (ABC-307) using the instructions provided on the front of the CMB Stamp Report booklet.
  2. Affix the red State CMB Stamp.
  3. Remit $25 for each application by the 25th of the following month with your report. Attach copies of the license application to the ABC-307 form.

Contact Information

If you have questions regarding Cereal Malt Beverage, contact ABC at 785-296-7015 or send an email to

Cereal Malt Beverage Act and Reference Guide