Tax Clearance Request Information
What is a Tax Clearance?
A Certificate of Tax Clearance is a comprehensive review to determine and ensure that the applicant's account is in current compliance with all applicable:
- Kansas tax laws administered by the director of taxation within the Kansas Department of Revenue.
- Taxes/fees/payments administered by the Kansas Department of Labor.
- Other various fees/charges administered by Kansas state agencies.
The status of, and information pertaining to a tax clearance is subject to change(s), which may arise as a result of a State Tax Audit, Federal Revenue Agent Report, or other lawful adjustment(s).
A State Tax Clearance should not be confused with a Letter of Good Standing which is an unrelated document issued by the Kansas Secretary of State's office.
Additional Tax Clearance Information
Obtain a State of Kansas Tax Clearance
- Request Online - Click here to complete an application through our secure website. Return to the website the following day to retrieve your "Certificate of Tax Clearance". Applications must be submitted by 5pm Monday – Friday in order to be available the following business day.
- Click here to verify the validity of the “Certificate of Tax Clearance”
- Special Event Tax Clearance - If you are required to obtain a tax clearance for participation in a Special Event (fairs, racing events, shows, etc.) please complete the online application.
- o International vendors and vendors who are not able to complete the online application must submit form CM-21. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Special Events department at the number listed below to request a paper form.
- Tax clearance requests may be denied if the request is incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- All tax clearance requests must be submitted using the online application.
Tax Clearance information will only be released to the following:
- The individual taxpayer themselves.
- An individual who has notarized authorization from the taxpayer to request and receive tax information. (Please provide a copy. Cannot use online application.)
- An individual who has statutory authority or legal power of attorney to request and receive tax information for the taxpayer. (Please provide a copy. Cannot use online application.)
- Power of Attorney Form
- The business owner
- A corporate officer, office manager, or other appointed official of the company
- An individual who has notarized authorization from the business owner or officer to request and receive tax information. (Please provide a copy. Cannot use online application.)
- An individual who has statutory authority or legal power of attorney to request and receive tax information on behalf of the business. (Please provide a copy. Cannot use online application.)
Any additional questions can be directed to:
Scott State Office Building
120 SE 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612-1103
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 785-207-4972 - for Western Kansas events
- 785-207-1572 - for Eastern Kansas events
- Email email@example.com