What are Web Services?
Web services provide you with direct access to the Kansas Department of Revenue's technology platform. Using the web services we provide, you can access Sales tax rate data using address and/or zip code information and tie the data into your shopping cart checkout process or accounting system in real time.
How do I use the department's web services?
- Create a free retailer account.
- Download the WSDL (Web Service Description Language) from the secured retailer account area (available after creating your account). A WSDL is a document written in XML which describes a web service. It specifies the location of the service and the operations (or methods) the service exposes.
- Integrate the department's web service into your existing application. To do this, you must be familiar with the code your shopping cart is written in, and also the code must be modifiable.
Please check to make sure you have the latest Rates and Boundaries Instructional Paper, as it was updated by the National Streamlined Sales Tax Group in August 2005. This paper has made some slight changes to the records layout. They include a one character designator at the beginning of each record to designate that it is an address, five-digit ZIP code, or nine-digit ZIP code record.
- SSTP Documentation
- Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board
- Design Document Call Logic Flow
- WSDL (Web Service Description Language) Document
- Result Codes
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Streamlined Sales Tax
Boundary and Rate Tables
- April 2023 Kansas SSTP Boundary, Rate and Alt Food Tax Rate Files 04/01/2023 - 06/30/2023) (.zip 10.6MB 617,896 Records)
- Jan 2023 Kansas SSTP Boundary and Rate Files (01/01/2023 - 03/31/2023) (.zip 10.01MB 617,392 Records)