Farm Winery License

Farm Winery: Allows the licensee to manufacture and store domestic table wine and domestic fortified wine in a quantity not exceeding 100,000 gallons per year. Sell wine manufactured by the licensee in the original unopened container; provide free samples on the licensed premise; sell its domestic wine for consumption on the licensed premise; serve free samples of its domestic wine and sell unopened containers of its domestic wine off the licensed premises at special events monitored and regulated by the ABC; conduct other activities specified in accordance with federal law and K.S.A. 41-308a.

Farm Winery Outlet: Allows the licensee to manufacture, store and sell domestic wine and domestic fortified wine in the original unopened container to consumers for consumption off the licensed premises. May provide free samples on the licensed premise.

Farmers' Market Sales Permit: Allows licensed Kansas farm winery owner(s), a member of the licensee's family or an employee of the licensee to sell wine produced and bottled by the licensee in the original unopened container at any Kansas farmers' market except for farmers' markets held on state owned property.

A licensed Kansas farm winery may also apply for a farm winery outlet license, a farmers market sales permit, special order shipping license, drinking establishment or caterer's licenses.

Licensee Information

Farm wineries are also required to register each label of wine manufactured prior to sale. There is no charge for a farm winery to register their labels.

Application Prerequisites

Apply/Renew Online

To use the online system you must pay using an electronic check or credit/debit card. Please note that the payment processing vendor charges a service charge for electronic payments, $1.50 for an electronic check or 2.5 percent of the total for credit/debit card use.

New Application

** You must have an active Farm Winery license to be eligible for a Farm Winery Outlet license or Special Order Shipping License.

Renewal Application

Farmers' Market Sales Permit Application

Brand Registration and Label Approval

Monthly Return and Reports

Need Help?

If you have questions or need assistance, visit our Contact Us page to locate your assigned licensing representative.